April 20, 2021
Traditional fish and chips
For the Fish (breaded fish):
- 1 kg of fillet codfish and hake (plaice for me)
- 150 g of flour
- 150 ml of sparkling water or normal water (+ or- depending on the absorption of the flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of chives and dried parsley or other herb of your choice
- Salt & pepper
For the Chips (fried potato style):
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Mix of dried herbs thyme, chives, parsley, oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- Salt pepper
- We start with the potatoes; wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into segments with a knife.
- Place the cut potatoes in an ovenproof dish, season with salt, pepper, paprika, dried herb mixture, dried garlic and drizzle with a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Put the potatos in an oven preheated to 200°C and let them cook for about 20 minutes to watch, the potatos must not burn!
- In the meantime, prepare the breaded fish: place the flour in a bowl, add salt, pepper, baking powder and dried herbs, then mix with a whisk.
- Gradually add the water, continuing to mix all the elements well, until you obtain a very homogeneous, smooth and lump-free mixture that coats the back of the spoon well.
- Season the fish fillets with fine salt and pepper on both sides.Lightly flour the fillets then dip them in the batter.